In my blog I plan to chat about nature, crafts, baking, gardening, beekeeping, family, and whatever else seems appropriate at the time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Friday, April 8, 2016

Five on Friday

  1)  Crochet group was a lot of fun this week.  I was trying to take a picture of these corner to corner blankets that Debbie and K are making, and Cheryl kept sticking her single crochet scarf in the way.
I just wanted the blankets, then I was going to get her scarf, but I think I might have hurt her itty bitty feelers when I said to get that scarf out of the picture!  Bless her heart. She wouldn't hold it up for me.
 2)  We celebrated her birthday anyway!

 
Do you know how good these little cupcakes were?   

3) Mom and Dad and my sister and I all went out for dinner.  There wasn't a special reason that we planned on going out to eat, however, I decided it was a celebration night because earlier in the day we got the closing statement from our attorney on My Shug's Mom's estate.  I could not be happier to get that finished.

 So I ordered a bottle of wine and LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THAT BOTTLE!!!  I asked him if I could take the leftover home.  Sure, but he has to cork it and staple the bag closed.   Hilarious!  Not that I would drink and drive or drink while driving, but I'm sure if I were that kind of person, this would not stop me.  Rules are rules though.
4) I know right, why am I showing a picture of a shower curtain.  Because I found it!  I found it!  I have been looking for it for quite some time.  If you would see the room we stored everything in when we moved into our little room in the basement....you'd understand.  We didn't need the shower curtain to take a shower, it has glass doors.  I just like the look of a curtain.  With glass doors you can see all the soaps and scrubbies and such in the shower.  And with a curtain it just looks homier.

 

And 5)  we made huge progress on the house this week.  We got the floor laid in the office/mudroom.


I'm connecting with Amy at Love Made my Home for  Five on Friday.  Click here to see what others have been up to.

Cindy Bee

10 comments:

  1. How much fun! Cupcakes look amazing. I need to try one of those corner to corner afghans, they look fun. Is there a pattern on line?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brenda,
      Yes there is a tutorial on you tube. Just google corner to corner crochet afghan.

      Cindy

      Delete
  2. If I had been there, you wouldn't have needed that doggy bag for the wine. :) I've not yet tried a c2c blanket. Seems to be all the rage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll invite you to join us next time Tammy! Do you know how to play euchre? We played euchre afterwards and my parents beat us all three games.

      Cindy Bee

      Delete
  3. Yours and your friends blankets look really great don't they! I love the message by the door, that is a charming idea, wish I had thought of that before we tiled the floor in our back lobby, too late now though! Oh well, something to remember for another time. Thank you for joining Five On Friday, I hope that you are having a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy, I have lost so many things form putting them away. LOL. You friends are so cute. I know you all had a fun time. I would love a tasty cupcakes like that. LOL. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your crochet group sounds like a lot of fun. And what delicious looking cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow those cupcakes look tasty. I'm always putting things away in a safe place and then I can't find them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crochet group looks like a lot of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum, those cupcakes look delicious. The corner to corner blankets are lovely, I shall have to google and see how they're made.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment on my blog. I enjoy reading them. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cindy