In my blog I plan to chat about nature, crafts, baking, gardening, beekeeping, family, and whatever else seems appropriate at the time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Friday, June 20, 2014

Our Father's Day Celebration at Cool Creek Park

After picking up the car on Friday evening, several of our family met at Cool Creek Park to celebrate Father's Day and to watch the Polka Boys.  If you get a chance to go see the Polka Boys, you should go.  They are so..much...fun!  And Cool Creek Park is a great venue for concerts.  They only charge $5.00.  You can bring your own picnic dinner, snacks, wine/beer etc. or they have food there you can buy.
  We opted for finger foods.  Apparently Robert stuck the deviled egg dish under his arm to carry it in!!!  Poor Vickie.
 
  We all laughed about it.
And Theresa tried to put her wine glass in one of those fold-able seat cup holders.  She spilled her first entire glass of wine, right into her chair, before we even started eating!
  Then someone threw a beach ball and spilled her 2nd glass of wine!
So she held onto her third glass...which ended up being her first, and only, glass of wine! 
 And those beach balls......
 
  one of them knocked Vickie's little beef thingys off of the table onto the grass!! LOL!
   We didn't care!  We ate them anyway!
And Theresa made these cute little cupcakes for the guys and she put fishing poles with fish on them. 
(and she says she isn't crafty.)
Vickie's husband Robert, my Shug, our Dad.
One of My brother's four children in the back, and my sister's child in the front.
My sister, my brother, and me.

Sister Theresa, me, cousin Vickie, and Mom
Theresa and Cindy

FATHER CHILD PICS
My sister's husband, Trent, with their daughter.
 Our brother, Duke, with his daughter Sarah.
 Dad
My brother, me,and my sister, with our Dad

All the guys!
 
Before the night was over EVERYONE,
didn't matter if you were standing or sitting,
everyone....was doing the Chicken Dance! 
FUN TIMES...love the Polka boys!

Cindy Bee

8 comments:

  1. Chicken dance love that your family is so much fun. Even with all that fumbling and bumbling it worked out. YEAH Have a nice weekend BEE:) Hug B

    ReplyDelete
  2. FIVE SECOND RULE!! I think that applies outdoors as well. I would have still eaten them too. Looks like it was a fun and amazing time. Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my! It looked like that picnic was doomed from the start!:-) So glad those mishaps didn't interfere with your good time. It was a wonderful opportunity for family to be together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lot of fun! Did anyone polka? I have always wanted to learn. Have two polish son in laws but I do not think either of them know either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a chicken dance kinda girl.....but I woulda ate those snacks

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful fun time this was!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that does sound like a fun time. You are so fortunate that your family was all there for it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cindy, Your mom looked good, I sure hope she feel great. That was a wonderful family time. That's the best isn't it? Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment on my blog. I enjoy reading them. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cindy