In my blog I plan to chat about nature, crafts, baking, gardening, beekeeping, family, and whatever else seems appropriate at the time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Destin West Beach and Bay Resort-Osprey PH05

So here's the story that I mentioned in my last post.
Before I tell you about what happened, let me say we had a GREAT time in Florida in spite of the place we stayed.  

My sister and I went in half for a condo at Destin West Beach and Bay resort.  We stayed there last year and it was great.  What she didn't know is I paid extra to surprise them with a private hot tub penthouse suite. 
When we arrived on Saturday and checked in, they gave us our room key code and wifi password.  They have electronic entry boxes on the doors.
We couldn't get in the door!
After I tried two or three times, then someone else tried, I called the office. 
They had given me the wrong code.

Got inside and unpacked. 
Internet wouldn't work.
TV in girls bedroom wouldn't work.
AND THIS is the private hot tub on the upper deck.
No furniture!
(I think that broken down chair was trash picked by someone that stayed there previously.)
No steps to get into the hot tub.

That was Saturday, check-in day.
So, after unpacking, we went out to dinner and on our way out I stopped to tell the front desk that we didn't have 
furniture,
internet,
tv wasn't working in 15 year olds room,
hot tub won't shut off.

They said they would call maintenance to come in tomorrow. 
In the meantime we could:
Use the password and internet of the unit below us.
Flip the breakers on the hot tub, which I did not do.

On Sunday...
At lunch time when maintenance had not shown up yet I stopped by the office again.
She said she would have him call me when he is going to come.
 I just got back to the beach and she called and said he was on his way.
He fixed the TV,
told us we had the wrong internet passcode.
and explained the hot tub would run to stay heated and we could
"throw the breakers to turn it off if it kept me awake at night."
He also took a picture of the empty sitting area and sent it to his supervisor, and said we should have furniture up there.

On Sunday afternoon I stopped by the office on the way out to eat and told them that everything was fixed except no furniture.  She said she'd call me.

By Tuesday, after my niece fell trying to get out of the hot tub, and I had not heard from them, I went back in to check on the status, and told them we at least need steps to get in and out of the hot tub, that my niece fell.
They took my phone number down and said they would call me.
I told them they said that Sunday and I NEVER got a call.

By Tuesday evening, when I never got a call, I went back to the office and was NOT HAPPY.
The employee said he would take my number and have someone call me tomorrow.
I told him  "I am TIRED OF BEING PLACATED BY YOU PEOPLE WHO ALWAYS TAKE MY NUMBER AND NEVER CALL.  I WANT STEPS LEADING INTO THE HOTTUB AND I WANT FURNITURE or I want $517.81 refunded.  I paid over $500 for THIS CRAP!"
I showed them all of these pictures I took while sitting out by the pool that day.
Notice the furniture on the roof tops.




These were the rooftops to both sides of us.
Two employees, at separate times, told me the pictures on the website does not show furniture on the upper deck.   Most employees agreed with me that, for what I paid, there should be furniture.


I will tell you if I would have seen THESE PICTURES, I would not have paid over $500 extra for this.  These are the pictures I took.
My advise would be to NOT RENT UNIT OSPREY PENTHOUSE 05.  It is NOT worth the money.

On Wednesday, Amanda, "the Supervisor", called me back!  She said her employees called her "on her day off to tell her that I was upset."  She said she called the owners (which I do not believe) and they will NOT do anything about furniture.  I said I wanted my money back then.  Not all of it, just the extra.  She said they wouldn't do that.  I told her I am going to complain about this on every social media site I can.  She said she will call them back and tell them they have a very unhappy renter and call me back.
I also told her about my niece falling out of the hot tub and that we need steps to get into and out of the hot tub.  She said she did not know there weren't steps there and she would "call maintenance to have them installed ASAP as that is a safety issue."
You guessed it.  She never called me back.
We never got steps.
I was never compensated.
On Wednesday evening we noticed this screw coming out of the front of the hot tub.  How none of us ripped our legs is beyond me, because you have to straddle the hot tub and slide in, to get in it without steps.  I didn't bother telling them because I knew it wouldn't be taken care of.  I just screwed it back in the best I could with my fingers.

Just know before you go, if you have any issues, chances are good they will not get resolved.  When I was in the office on Sunday they received two phone calls from people who wanted to switch units for one reason or another.

I wish I could play the video for you I took of the LOUD machines that come on in the evening while you are trying to sit on your patio.  One evening my sister tried to play some music and we couldn't even hear it because of the noise of the units, which I think run the pools.

I have recommended this place to a lot of people in the last year.
After what I observed about other people requesting new rooms and the way I was treated,

I would NOT recommend Destin West Beach and Bay Resort and I especially would NOT recommend Osprey PH05.

Cindy

4 comments:

  1. What a shame. Hope it didn't spoil your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not at all. I had fun because of the people I was with, not because of the place we stayed. They do have nice pools, and a beach, and that's all we really need. We'll stay somewhere else next year.

      Delete
  2. Cindy, There's been some news items on the Today show, Jeff Rossin...about terrible scams on vacation places. It's not like the good old days when there really were nice hotels. I just don't know if I could deal with such careless concern on the hotel employees part. Everyone is passing the buck. I would slam them on every site about hotels. I would not want to throw breakers to turn any thing off on my vacation. The lack of furniture is about the last straw. No I would never go there....I know you will never go back. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh...the good old days. I told my sister while we were traveling it's too bad all of these fast food joints put all of the mom and pop hamburger joints out of business. I said I miss traveling and eating hamburgers and fries that taste like REAL hamburges and fries. I am slamming them. Already posted on Trip Advisor and a facebook page. YELP will be next. I've been busy this week. My phone went completely out so I'm downloading all of my pictures and contacts and I have to re-do my apps! AND I'm having Easter on Sunday since I was gone last Sunday. BUSY WEEK!

      Delete

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment on my blog. I enjoy reading them. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cindy