In my blog I plan to chat about nature, crafts, baking, gardening, beekeeping, family, and whatever else seems appropriate at the time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Saturday, March 11, 2017

Spring Fever - Five on Friday

I'm joining Amy at Love made my Home for Five on Friday.  She graciously leaves it open all weekend, which helps me a lot.  Her Friday is really on my Thursday, and today is Saturday, so it's probably Sunday there....so I gotta hurry if I want to get this done!  Thank you sweet Amy.

ONE- SPRING FEVER
 Last Friday, not yesterday but a week ago, I got a case of Spring Fever.
It was actually nice and sunny out.
I decided to do some things to help cure my fever!
I got this colorful pitcher out of the cabinet and made some water with lemon and lime in it.

 I had to do a couple of errands that day, so I decided to do some FUN looking around.
 I did not buy one of these....but I thought they were very springy!
 When I get spring fever, I want to get out of the house and go somewhere.  Seems like I usually end up in some of my favorite stores.  Like Bookstores, TJ Max, Pier 1.....

 And of course, everything I look at is spring-like.
 and colorful.  I took a picture of this middle pillow and sent it to my girlfriend.  I told her I was out spring fever shopping.  I knew she would like it.  I did not buy it.
  I did buy this wine glass on clearance!
 I came home and decided I didn't want this canister set on my counter anymore.
I don't know why I didn't just move the whole set to my pantry.
  But instead,  I put my sugar and flour in large ball jars and labeled them with the spring-like colored labels I bought at the Dollar Store, and put them in the pantry.
 I cut out a bunny from a pattern I used long ago when I was a vendor at local craft shows.
 I also started making curtains for our basement windows.  I'm re-doing the room we used to live in, into a more colorful fun room to hang out in. 
 
This is what I woke up to the next morning. (heavy-sigh) 

TWO - TREATS

When I went to the grocery store Wednesday I decided to treat myself.
I deserved it.
You do too.
Try it sometime.


 Here is the recipe for the drink ingredients in the above photo.  We had this cocktail at my Sisters before we went to Mom & Dad's anniversary dinner last Saturday evening. 
My sister didn't have any champagne, and didn't want to run out and get some, so she used Moscato instead and I liked it better. And the flipflop brand goes with the whole spring fling theme.



THREE - CROCHET

On Thursday morning I went to crochet group.
I got my spring colored afghan back out and started in on the granny squares again.  K and Debbie are making the Cupcake Blanket from Attic 24's blog ( see my sidebar). 
Cheryl was a no show - again.
And Debbie left early so I didn't get her blanket pic.
I love these spring-y colors.
This is a blanket I started several months ago.  I almost took it out!!!  I KNOW!!! CRAZY!
I wasn't feeling it.  I'm still not sure, but I'm moving on with it.  I still have ten large grannies to make.

While we were sitting at Panera in crochet group, Mom & Dad walked in with their sweatshirts on!
I had to get some pictures.


FOUR- DIVA NIGHT
On Thursday evening my Cousin, Sister, and I went to Diva night in Noblesville.
It was a fun evening.

 FIVE - MORE TREATS!
  Remember my friend that I sent the Spring shopping pictures too?
Well, we met for a latte' yesterday and she had this pillow for me!
What in the world!!!!  I was SO surprised!
  I asked her why and she said because I've had such a rough week. 
(I've edited this post, and will explain the rough week in a separate post later)
What a very sweet friend. 
We've been friends since right out of high school.

Today I met my Mom, Dad, and sister for lunch and my sister gave me this with a Starbucks card tucked inside.  She said it was a Christmas present for me and we never got together.
not my fault!
The timing couldn't have been better though!
Cute huh!
 

This week is ending on a much better note than it started on!
so far so good!

For people that live around here, don't forget to Spring Forward your clocks! 
In the fall, we "fall back" an hour, which means we set our clocks back an hour. 
In the Spring, we "Spring forward" an hour. 
Crazy, is what it is.....do people in other countries do this?
I know....it's already Monday where you live, right!

I'm joining Amy at Love Made my Home for Five on Friday. 
Feel free to pop over by clicking here, and visit other bloggers to see what they've been up to this week.

What do you do for Spring Fever?

Cindy


7 comments:

  1. Sorry you had a bad week and hope it's better now. I know what you mean about shopping for spring, really like some of those bird plates and I love the pillow your friend bought you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy this has been a fun post . . . so much to see to help get me in a springtime mood . . . sorry about the snow. I'm sure that wasn't on your list for the week, LOL. As for your blanket. Snap out of it and start feeling it! It is gorgeous :)
    Have a sweet week.
    Oh, we have sprung ahead, too :)
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the blanket looks great, and your crochet hook looks very snazzy, I am going to try to teach myself crochet this year so I'm going to tell myself I need a nice hook like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My NY boy is on Spring Break this week but having anything but spring like weather there. We've had dust the past several days in my corner of the world so just feeling rather blah about it all. I think your granny blanket is lovely! Carry on! Anything wine related, count me in. :) We don't change clocks here ever. I always find it so weird when we go to Sri Lanka and the time is 2-1/2 hours ahead. Where does that 30 minutes comes from? :/ It's Monday here 10:39 am as I type this. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to see you again!
    I enjoyed your spring post with all the photos. Those colorful windmills are pretty, oh, yes,very springy.You have such a good old frined! The bicycle pillow your friend bought you is very good. I too like the pillow!
    Spring has come.The time for gioing out and shopping will be soon here!
    Happy day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cindy, Your parents are so cute in the shirts. I love the pillow you got from your friend. So sweet, goes with the throw . Blessings, hope to see you at Horton's. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. How gorgeous are the plates! Your crocheting looks amazing too, I would love to learnt o crochet one day :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment on my blog. I enjoy reading them. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cindy